In the interest of health and saving money, I had the brilliant idea of microwaving a sweet potato to put in an organic salad to take to work for lunch. The first mistake: I had not yet had coffee. The second mistake: I suffered from the delusional conviction that I could multi-task before 7am. So… sweet potato goes in microwave and I go back to my computer at the other end of apartment to answer emails, work on questions for interview later today and, fingers poised, try to get a bike for tomorrow’s spinning class during the 20 seconds they are available. I totally forgot the sweet potato UNTIL – the smell of smoke reached me in the back. As I raced to the kitchen my apartment was so filled with smoke that I seriously thought of crawling on the floor. (Hello, smoke detector??? Not a peep??? Not a whimper???) I must have pressed 60 minutes instead of 6 because the sweet potato was about to explode into flames, the microwave was broken, and my entire apartment now smells like smoke. Let’s just say, I will be buying lunch today. Fix and forget it? I think not.